Howdy Mo’ lovers!
For our first month of Mo’ Rub we’re starting out by featuring a simple but luscious recipe and a unique way of using Mo’ Rub. Mo’ Chocolate! I’ve tried it myself and it’s amazing. I couldn’t stop snacking on it. This recipe would be a perfect treat at a wine party or classy BBQ gathering. Or, mix it up with some Mo’ Rub seasoned bacon pieces for a crazy delicious and unique gift for that person who has everything.
submitted by E.B.
1 package dark chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon Mo’ Rub
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering with a sheet of parchment paper. Set Aside.
2. Heat a double boiler on medium heat with the chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chips are completely melted. Shouldn’t take too long.
3. Add Mo’ Rub and cinnamon. Stir to mix well.
4. Remove from heat and pour onto your prepared cookie sheet. You may want to use a spatula to spread the mix evenly over the paper. Place in your fridge or freezer to harden.
5. Once cooled remove from the fridge and use a knife to cut into pieces. No need to be neat, the chocolate will cut jaggedly in some places. Gather up the pieces and put into a nice cellophane bag to give as a gift or a bowl to serve. If you plan on traveling with the chocolate you may want to pack it with some ice in the summer to keep it from melting on the trip.
Other ways to use Mo’ Chocolate:
When pouring out the chocolate you could use a dry, greased ice cube tray to make cubes of Mo’ Chocolate. They make great bite sized treats or could be mixed in with hot milk to make Mo’ Rub Hot Chocolate in the winter months.
Try Preparing some Bacon sprinkled with Mo’ Rub and then crumbling it and adding it the mix before pouring, or dipping whole strips in the chocolate. they make a unique snack and conversation starter at any party!
About the Mo’ Rub Fan: E.B. is an avid fan of Mo’ Rub, and even helped us create the Morub.com website! She works as a Marketing Development Coordinator for VSA Iowa (www.vsaiowa.org) and bakes cakes for Nonprofit events in her spare time.
Every Month we feature a recipe created by a Mo’ Rub Lover, and you could be next! Submit your recipe online, just click the button.